Thursday, March 31, 2016

Five Riv Morning

Anyone remember that tshirt/viral youtube video about the Three Wolf Moon?!?  That was running through my head this morning for some reason and I happened to have the distinct pleasure of seeing 4 Riv's (in addition to the one I was riding) on my commute this morning.  Even more pleasurable I recognized two of them - Howard on his 2TT Sage Hillborn and of course I was meeting Erl and his newly built up Romulus for coffee.  The extra Atlantis on Jefferson Dr and then an additional Atlantis tied up at my work bike racks rounded out the five total Rivs.

Gorgeous morning, good company, good coffee... recipe for a good day.

Sunrise from the Key Bridge... like my trip over the bridge in Feb this is a sight worth pedaling extra for.

Saluki and Erl's newly powdercoated and built up Romulus

Outside Baked and Wired in Georgetown

Erl painted his own head tube and lug details in the ivory/white on top of blue powdercoat and I think he did an awesome job.

The 'before' shot, this Romulus turned up at my neighborhood Velocity Bike Coop and it worked out that Erl had room for it, I think the 'Ford Blue' paint looks great!



Erl and his Romulus

Me lolly-gagging along the Reflecting Pool

I've always loved this gnarly old tree on the Monument grounds. Seems like a good spot for a Coffee Outdoors brew-up..?!?

1 comment:

  1. Tony,
    Always great to see you and your well designed and beautiful Saluki. Your photos are great. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete