Friday, July 26, 2013

Big Week!

With one day to spare I've already topped my previous weekly mileage record with 143 miles.... Sunday got it off to a good start with a re-do on the 50 miler that I crashed the previous wednesday. This trip was far better due to the company of my friend Joe, the fact that I knew where I was going, and of course that I didn't go over the handlebars!

While Mon-Tues were normal commutes for me Wednesday I joined my friend and fellow Velocity volunteer Craig on a 22 mile return commute via the MD bank of the Anacostia, through Bolling AFB, UPP Oxon Hill and across the Woodrow Wilson Bridge... suffice it to say that Craig is in much better shape than I am.  The ride was really cool though as it gave me some completely new views of the Potomac and another alternative to get home when I have some time to burn.

Thursday was cool to start and finish with early morning coffee at Misha's in Old Town with Wes and then dinner and drinks with my father-in-law at Shelly's Backroom (cigar lounge) after work.  

As if all this weren't enough I managed to snag my first #fridaymorningcoffeeclub at ME Swings in NW DC... the core of the group was founded by DC Randonneur's Ed and Mary  and I had an awesome conversation and ride after coffee with Ed talking bikes.
So what to do with my final day of the week?  Looks like I'm meeting Rob out on the W&OD early Sat as he makes final preparations for the big 'Bike to the Beach' Century ride next week.

The Four-Mile Run underpass at about 0700 this  morning, I love the lines made by the shafts of light.

No comments:

Post a Comment