Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sunday Riding


United States Airforce Memorial, Arlington VA
After two consecutive late nights celebrating my fifth wedding anniversary I was definitely ready to clear my head and sweat a little bit.  A nice hour and a half ride with the goal of avoiding or limiting using my normal commuting route or other recent rides... success in that goal of course meant hills!  Both Mount Ida Rd, and Alrington Ridge, were conquered!  Even with 5 rear gears and 2 front gears the Atlantis climbed steadily and confidently.  I'm thinking I may incorporate this route into some of my commute mornings to start improving my climbing.  (we'll revisit that in the morning!)  Couple more glamour shots of the Atlantis;

The Hume School, up on Atlington Ridge Rd.

Eyes on the city... there is a lovely couple of park benches at the northern end of Arlington Ridge Rd.  Must be a great view of the 4th of July Fireworks from here.  I-395 isn't so scenic of course...




No comments:

Post a Comment