Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Back in the Saddle (Saluki Saddle)

Build nearing target configuration... the Saluki is riding again. Today was the first commute since the not-so-lucky one that ended up with my crash for this bike.  The bike handled great, fully loaded with work clothes and laptop/notebook load so it was a critical test.  Nothing like that new drivetrain feel, silky smooth.  The fenders and racks stayed where they were intended to stay which is always nice. I'm very happy with the decision to go with the Berthoud steel fenders, those things stay where they are meant to stay, no noise!

The dyno hub is emitting an annoying chirp at least on the return home trip and I did have some interesting shimmy on the front end w/ my heavy morning load.  Otherwise the Saluki completely reminded me why I wasn't riding anything else much up till the day I crashed her.

Pictures at the Jefferson Memorial seemed appropriate. I love swinging by on my way into work when I have (make) the time. It is a privilege to have such amazing scenery on a daily basis.  I'll post a more detailed photo exploration of the build soon.  For now here are the glamour shots!





No comments:

Post a Comment